February 13, 2013

Letter 2-5-2013

I'M HERE! :)
The plane ride was so fun!! I had imagined the plane to be bigger though. It was pretty small. I think the flight attendant said it held 76 people, which is way smaller than I had ever imagined.
I was sitting next to Elder B____, and we were in the very very back row, and the flight attendant had a little seat in the isle right next to us. She kept asking little questions about missionaries and what not, about what we're doing and what we're going to be doing. It was super cool. Elder B____ was like... I'm gonna give her a book of Mormon. So, he looked up a few scriptures and marked them. And some of the young women in his ward wrote their testimonies on some pieces of paper and sent them to him, so he put a few of those in the book. Just to get some other points of view :).. Then when we were about to land he asked her if she would accept this book of Mormon. She said, "Oh no thanks I’ve already got one." He said, "I just feel like I need to give this one to you, I’ve included some testimonies and a few scriptures I think you should read." she said : you know what.. I have been asked to accept this book from so many people and never taken one, but you are so sincere and I can tell that this is close to your heart, so I guess I’ll take it."
But Elder B____ wouldn’t leave without having a full commitment. He said to her. " For this to be right, I need you to PROMISE me that you will read these scriptures before the weekend.." She agreed :) :) It was so awesome to be a part of that. I included some words of my own testimony; he looked at me a few times because he didn't know what to say. It was so cool! Just to experience it :) And we didn't find out until after that the lady sitting in the row next to us was a member too! She bore a little bit of her testimony, which was awesome! I didn't even realize, she didn't look or act like a member.. I just think, what could really come from Elder B____ testimony to this woman. We may never know, but I hope she really reads those scriptures and comes to know for herself the truth! :)
I'm in the mission home right now! Everyone is awesome.. They cooked us a meal, which was super good! We get to meet our companions at 4. I'll be in a trio, meaning I’ll have 2 companions. I don’t want to take too much time, But I'm happy, I'm safe, I'm having fun and I love each and every one of you!! Glad I could talk to you too! Elder G___ is still making fun of me for crying.. I hope you know that's the only time I’ve cried since being there. That's how much it meant to me to be able to talk to you!! :)
I love you!
Elder Kyler Blane Farr!!