September 8, 2014

Email 9-1-14

OOOKAAAYYYY!!

So, what I didn’t realize is that we take care of this city ( Itapipoca ) but we also have another area. We are opening a CITY (Itapajé) a place where the church has never been in the history of forever. It´s nuts! So last year when I passed in the area Cidade Oeste, there was our ward mission leader, I don’t even remember if I ever said anything about him, but anyways, he moved to this little city along with another family and they are the ones that are running the group. There are 8 active members, and we had a family of 5 there on Sunday.

So here´s how it works. We work here in Itapipoca during the week, except on Thursday and almost all Sundays in Itapajé. President wants to put a companionship there right now, just to stay there but the ward can’t support them yet, they wouldn´t have any references nor lunch appointments.

This city is so legit, I wish I could have started my mission here and been left until the final. Since the whole city is our area, we can go wherever we want to shop, there´s the bank and everything!  I love it here, it´s awesome.

Itapipoca is only a branch that had like 40 members, but it´s growing fast!!
My companion is Elder D from São Paulo and he´s the man!!
OKAY!!     So, yesterday we went to the sacrament meeting of Itapajé ( two and a half hours by bus) and we went there, worked normal and everything was great. We took the 4:00 bus which is the last one to go back to Itapipoca and we told the man that we were going to Umurim..   because to get to Itapajé we gave to go to Umurim, then to there.. but when we got to Umurim the bus driver passed right by, and didn’t warn us, and it was already dark and we aren’t familiar with the area yet and by the time we realized it, we were literally in the middle of nowhere and he wanted us to get off the bus and try to hitchhike back to Umurim.. logically we wouldn´t have done that so we decided to stay on the bus and just ride it three hours to Fortaleza.. So we slept at the Zone leaders house there, (luckily they had an extra bed for my comp, and a hammock for me!) And we took a bus back here to Itapipoca this morning.. BUT the bus we were going to take was full so we ended up waiting there in the bus station for two hours, then came back.. We just got back..   Our p-day was super wasted!
That was our crazy week........................................ I’m exhausted.. but.. yeah.. ha ha
-Elder Kyler Blane Farr

Yeah we’re here at a LAN house, he´s (my comp) been out almost a year, and the pics were awesome!!   I didn’t realize how much I miss bowling until I saw those pictures.. ha ha ha

I’m glad I’m here and I’m loving my comp!!   Everyone has their strong points and their weak points, but he´s super awesome!! :)