January 6, 2013

Email 1-4-13 part 2

okay.. in addition to my other e-mail, I wanted to leave you with this thought!!
We were reading through ALMA 36 during one of our Book of Mormon study times, and I really loved this scripture. It is verse 24. "Yea and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of god, and be filled with the holy ghost."
For this reason.. to bring others unto repentance, to bring them to taste of exceeding joy.. is the purpose for all of the missionaries in this world. To invite others to come unto Christ. This is why I am here, to leave, with people, the message of the restoration of this wonderful gospel to the people of Brazil. I know that I am being sent to Brazil for a reason, that is where the Lord needs me to be. I know that there are things here in Provo that I need to experience first though. My visa will come when the Lord needs me in Brazil. I am continuously counting my blessings every day. I am so thankful to be here expanding my learning of the gospel and strengthening my own testimony.
I challenge you, whoever reads this letter, to do something daily to strengthen your testimony of the gospel. I don't mean to preach, but I know this to be true.
Atravez-de fe e oracao nos podemos saber a verdade de muitas coisas! Eu sei que o Evangelho de jesus cristo e verdade. Eu amo esta Igreja com todo de meu coracao! Eu amo voces! (I can't do all of the accents because these computers don't have the right setting) Eu sou grato por a oppurtunidade para aprender da lingua de portugues. Eu sou grato por o dom do lingua! :) theres some phrases for you to look up :) they should all make sense, haha I just pulled them out of my head real quick!
love, Elder Kyler Blane Farr!
=)
From Shannon - Here's google translation's version of the above phrases. It's not completely accurate but it makes sense and sounds like Elder Kyler's testimony!
THROUGH-of faith and prayer we can know the truth of many things! I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ and truth. I love this church with all of my heart! I love you guys! I am grateful for the oppurtunidade (opportunity) to learn the language of Portuguese. I am grateful for the gift of language!