June 6, 2014

Email 5-26-14

ookaayy..
This week was a good one, but a difficult one. 
I got a cold, that started out in my throat, then the nose, then went into my ear. I haven’t been able to hear anything out of my left ear for three days. It´s all swollen and stuff. BUT, I’ll go to the doctor today. (finally)  

This week was good though, we got some good work in. We had 9 possible baptisms for this next week but one of the guys called us today saying that he didn’t want us to pass by his house anymore, because his grandma doesn´t like the church.  And this is the guy that in the contact said, `` I feel that you guys are different, I want in, how do I become a member of your church.`` This guy studies religion and said he was kicked out of every church he has been into because he preaches the ``word`` how it´s written in the bible and the pastors don’t like that! He loved knowing that The Church of Jesus Christ has been restored, but he lacks the faith to follow.    There are so many good people in this world that are being held back by others.   

We´ll finish the marriage process of G and K, and they´ll be baptized with her mom on Saturday.

We have many others being prepared to enter into the waters of baptism that will take a little bit more time, but that will work out in the future.

Sei que a maioridade de vocês não vão entender o que eu vou escrever mas eu senti que que eu deveria fazer isso. Ei sei que esta é a Igreja verdadeira. Eu sei que existe muitos caminhos, mas essa é a unica que traz felicidade nesta vida e salvação na vida depois desta. Eu agradeço o Senhor todos os dias pela oportunidade que Ele tem me dado para estar aqui em Fortaleza. Eu amo servir as pessoas. Daqui a pouco eu vou fazer um ano e seis meses de missão. Isso faz-me triste e feliz. Vou poder ajudar muitas pessoas e batizar elas nesse curto tempo. Todo o mundo sabe que indo para case faz parte também, mas eu não vou deixar de ajudar cada um dos filhos de Deus enquanto eu estou aqui.
Amo vocês. Tenham uma boa semana. 
abraço!      -Èlder Kyler Blane Farr

(From Google Translation --  Use your imagination on the parts that don’t make sense!!  Ha ha  And I don't know why my font switched in the middle but I can't change it.. sorry.    If you know Portuguese, particularly Fortalezan Protuguese :) and can clean this up a bit, I'd be most grateful!  But regardless it was really wonderful to get some Portuguese in this letter!   Makes this Mom happy!)
   
I know the majority of you will not understand I'll write but I felt that I should do this. Hey I know this is the true Church.  I know there are many paths, but this is the only one who brings happiness in this life and salvation in the afterlife.  I thank the Lord every day for the opportunity He has given me to be here in Fortaleza. I loveserving people. Pretty soon I'll do a year and six months of mission. That makes me sad and happy. I'll be able to helpmany people and baptize them in that short time. Everyone knows that going to marry a part too, but I will not stop
helping each child of God while I'm here.
Love you.
 Have a good week.
Hug!   
 -Èlder Kyler Blane Farr