September 16, 2013

Email 8-19-13

Okay, you said something about me being in this area for 6 weeks already, but it’s been 12.   I’ve been here for 2 transfers already!   And I’m still here!   Ha ha.   Elder () left.   He went up to be a Zone Leader.   He’s super excited about that.   He’ll be good.    My new companion is Elder () from Colorado.   He just got done being trained, so he’s a newbie.  :)   Which means I’m the senior companion. It should be fun.   I don't really know anything about him yet, but you can tell he’s very obedient, and he should be keeping me in line! Ha ha just kidding. :)

It should be interesting for the first couple of days.   We’ll be making tons of new investigators.   I hope everything goes as planned and the members do their part.

This past week, () was baptized!   I wasn’t sure if it was going to happen, but she got her answer, and after that she was all ready to go.   She went to a sleepover activity with the other young women in the ward.   She loved it!   One of her relatives baptized her.   It was awesome.

We were at the church last night waiting for some kids to get there for a ward missionary training and this guy comes into the gate, entering the parking lot.   There were some young women sitting near the entrance and they all came running in, away from him.   I looked at Elder (), and we went to talk to him.   He wouldn't stop talking to one of the sisters, and she was super creeped out.   I grabbed him by the shoulders and helped him out, but on the way he said, ``I just want to know what they do here``.   We helped him stumble over to the sidewalk and talked to him about the church a little bit.   We taught him part of the Word Of Wisdom, and told him to go home, take a shower, take a nap, and then come back next Sunday.   It was an interesting experience.   He kept yelling his address at us, maybe we’ll pass by there sometime this next week.  ;)

() grandma, who is not a member of the church, went to her baptism.  We talked with her a little bit and she loved it!   Tonight we’ll go there and try to teach her, if not her, then we’ll try to teach their neighbor.   If everything goes as planned we should have that whole complex baptized by the time this transfer is over.

I really didn’t want to stay here in these areas, but there’s obviously a reason why I’m here.   I only have five months in this country and have tons to learn!   I just hope I can help my companion as much as possible on the way!

The drama is over.. I hope.   Everything should be good from now on.

I haven't received an e-mail from BISHOP  for the past two weeks!   What’s up!?   He’s probably just busy, huh?  (note:  Bishop () writes faithfully every week but somehow had the wrong address for Elder Kyler the last 2 weeks.  I let him know and forwarded the letters to Kyler.  Bless his heart – aside from his dad, he is the busiest man I know!!)

That’s funny about the transmission.  :)   Good luck!  (note:  After trying to fit fixing the transmission in between jobs for several weeks, Blane realized that in order to have time to put the new transmission in his truck, he would have to take a day off - so he finally did and got half way finished ...and then it started raining - hard - and rained hard for the rest of the day!)

I feel like I’m forgetting something but my mind is racing!   If I remember, I’ll get it to ya somehow!

Have a good week.
-Elder Kyler Blane Farr-
Happy Birthday to Dad too right!?    Coming pretty quick! :)
Love you much!   Hope you like the pics too! :)