March 17, 2014

Email 2-24-14

One more week has passed here on my life as a missionary.  We worked a bunch with some friends of a member family.  The friends are not(weren´t) members.   We worked a bunch with them and one of the women was preparing to be baptized but didn't feel ready.  We invited her to pray and with faith that´s exactly what she did.   She had a dream the following night, where God told her it was her time to be saved, or in other words.. BE BAPTIZED.   And that she did.   As we were preparing her, the other woman didn't really show alot of interest.   She had some problems so we just decided to let her decide when she wanted to be baptized.   We got to the church on Sunday and They both came up to us and said, ``we will both be baptized today!``   One of them had already been interviewed but not the other.  The mission president was there and gave us permission to interview the other right then.   She was ready.   We had an awesome baptism where two more daughters of god have the opportunity to enter into the kingdom of God.   That makes a solid month of having a baptism every week.   I know the Lord answers our prayers.   Without him in this work, it would be nothing.   I love how the lord blesses people through us.   I am so glad that I am here and that I have the opportunity to learn and grow with these people.   I know that if we want to reach salvation, this is the only path.   I know that Joseph Smith saw God the father and his son Jesus Christ that spring morning, and that he restored the church of Jesus Christ.   He translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God and The Book of Mormon answers all of life's questions.   Logically this church is true, but the confirmations the spirit gives me every day of my life is something I can not deny.   I love this work and I love the support I have.   I love my Savior Jesus Christ.   He died for us, and we have the opportunity to repent and be forgiven of our sins.   How do you think he feels when we sin, knowing that He gave His life for us.   The things in life are cool, but that´s not how we are saved.   We are saved by living and sharing the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.   I know this church and it´s teachings are true.   I invite everyone who reads this to try it out.   Live the Gospel and wait for the blessings.  You will notice the difference.  There is always something we can do better.   Why wait?   Change NOW and receive the blessings NOW!    These are some of the things I have learned in this one year and almost three months that I have been here, with an invite to be a little bit better tomorrow than you were today.   I love every single one of you.
 
These thoughts and my testimony I leave with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

-Elder Kyler Blane Farr