December 30, 2012

Email 12-25-12

Hello family!!
So far, Christmas was so awesome. Elder Russel M. Nelson, and his wife came and spoke with us today. Their talks were amazing, They spoke of the gifts of Christmas, and how important they all are for us today. We, as missionaries, full time or not can have the opportunity to share these wonderful gifts with people everywhere. And once we have received these gifts for ourselves ( the gift of the holy ghost) we then can share them with people everywhere. "WE MUST USE THEM EAGERLY AND PERSISTENTLY." And if we don't have them with us, we can pray to know. Seek them. 1cor chapters 12-14, Moroni 10, and D&C 46.
Thank you so much for the package. I didn't know what to do after I opened all of the presents! Having things from home that I've gone without (even though it hasn't been very long.) is awesome. I don't even want to eat any of it, I just want to keep it on my shelf and look at it everyday. I have a stack of letters that people have sent me, And every card I have received so far, on the shelf in my room.. Thanks so much!! I was wondering if I was ever going to have dried mangos again! The probably just have fresh ones in Brazil. :)
At lunch today we had turkey, mashed potatoes and what not, but I was missing the cranberry ice cubes! So I got cranberry juice and mixed it with some sprite! almost the same..
We did a white elephant gift exchange earlier, and I ended up with a giant bag of rubber bands!! :) So a bunch of us started making rubber band balls. That will be my entertainment for the next few days during free time. (not that we have all that much free time!) Basically none really.. But free time is boring. whenever we have free time I just think, "I have so much to do! why am I just sitting here!"
I love the time we have to study. It just makes all of closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. And the time we have to learn Portuguese just makes that personal study time more meaningful. Knowing that we get to give people the opportunity to accept the gospel, in other parts of the world!! =)
I hope every ones Christmas is going amazing-ly! I hope you are having as much fun as I am!! But I doubt it!! just kidding! I'm sure you are having fun too!

I know you probably don't believe it, but I sang in the choir today. We sang for Elder Nelson!
We sang Where angels lately knelt-Craig Courtney.. And The First Noel-Gregory Lawrence

Love you! cant wait to hear from you on Friday! :)
Elder Kyler Blane Farr